The Keys to Successful Type 2 Diabetes Management

      Comments Off on The Keys to Successful Type 2 Diabetes Management
A diagnosis of Type 2 Diabetes is your body's way of telling you that you've already put off taking care of your body for too long and that you had better get started now.  Heed the message and the diagnosis can mark a positive turning point in your life that will result in a longer, healthier and happier life.  Ignore it and you could be headed for all kinds of misery such as blindness, amputations and heart disease along with a greatly shortened life to name just a few of the possible complications that can result from poor Type 2 Diabetes management. 
While some people have a genetic predisposition to insulin resistance, a primary factor in Type 2 Diabetes, in most cases it's the lifestyle that turns that predisposition into a reality. The combination of poor nutritional habits and a sedentary lifestyle is why obesity and Type 2 Diabetes are at epidemic levels in the US today. There is good news however… you can choose how your Type 2 Diabetes affects you. 
Successful Type 2 Diabetes management is 95% the responsibility of the patient with their doctor providing the other 5% in the form of prescription medication along with regular check-ups and blood tests.  Unfortunately, statistics indicate that about 70% of Type 2 Diabetes patients take very little or no personal responsibility for their Type 2 Diabetes management beyond taking their medication or insulin shots.  They may cut down a little on the sugar or carbohydrates but really don't make any significant changes in their diet and don't add exercise of any consequence to their daily routine.  As a result, they continue to have unacceptably high A1C blood test results.  
Successful Type 2 Diabetes management involves some very simple steps. If you drastically reduce the amount of carbohydrates in your diet, lose weight and exercise daily, you can have A1C levels that will be well below what is recommended by the American Diabetic Association.  I know what you're probably thinking right now so let me add…I said the steps were simple… I didn't say they were easy.  
To make the kind of changes necessary in your lifestyle to successfully manage your Type 2 Diabetes, you first need to decide that you want to be as healthy as possible for the rest of your life and that you want the rest of your life to be as long as possible.  Being a man of faith myself, I look forward to an afterlife but, since I know it will be there regardless of when I get there, I want to keep enjoying this life for as long as I can.  
Being a Type 2 Diabetic myself, I know what you're going through and I know what it takes make the changes necessary to successfully manage Type 2 Diabetes.  My A1C levels are routinely in the 5.4% level, well below the under 7% level recommended by the ADA and, since my diagnosis in Feb of this year, I have lost 70 lbs and reduced the amount of medication I require to 25% of my initial dosage using the same hypnotherapy and NLP techniques I use with my clients. 
As a professional Hypnotherapist and Neuro-Linguistic Programming Practitioner I know how difficult it can be to change lifelong behaviors.  It it was easy, hypnosis as a therapeutic model might not even exist.  If you have been diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes and are struggling to make the changes necessary to enjoy a healthier and longer life, then consider using hypnosis to help get you there.  
Remember, the unconscious mind has a powerful effect on most behavior, including eating and hypnotherapy and NLP have been shown to be highly effective ways of permanently modifying behavior at the unconscious level.